Yunz are from Picksburgh if:
- You didn't have a spring break in high school.
- You walk carefully when it is "slippy" outside.
- You often go down to the "crick."
- You've told your children to "red up" their rooms.
- You can remember telling your little brother/sister to stop being so "nebby."
- You've gotten hurt by falling into a "jaggerbush."
- Your mother or grandmother has been seen wearing a "babushka" on her head.
- You've "warshed" the clothes.
- I ask you to hand me one of those "Gum-Bands" you actually know what I'm talking about.
- You know you can't drive too fast on the back roads, because of the deer.
- You know Beaver Valley, Turtle Creek, Moon, Mars, Slippery Rock, Greentree and New Castle are names of towns. (and you've been to most, if not all).
- A girl walks up to three of her girl friends and says, HEY YENZGUYS
- You hear "you guyses," and don't think twice. (Example..."you guyses house is nice")
- You know the three rivers by name and understand that "The Point" isn't just on a writing instrument.
- Someone refers to "The Mon" or "The Yough" and you know exactly what they're talking about.
- You remember the blizzard of 1994 (or 1976, or 1939, or...) and remember not being able to go outside because the snow was over your head and you would have suffocated.
- Someone starts the chant, "Here we go Still-ers!" and you join in in the proper cadence. Waving the appropriately colored towel.
- Bob Prince and "There's a bug on the rug." hold special meaning for you.
- You've either eaten a Farkleberry Tart or know someone who has.
- You drink pop, eat hoagies, love perogies and one of your favorite sandwiches actually has french fries ON it.
- By the way, dgyeat yet?
- You know what a "still mill" is.
- You expect temps in the winter to be record breaking cold, and temps in the summer to be record breaking hot.
- You know what Eat'N Park is and frequently ate breakfast there at 2:00 AM after the bar closed and made fun of people.
- You order "dippy eggs" in a restaurant and get exactly what you wanted.
- You spent your summers, or a school picnic, at Kennywood, Sand Castle, or Idlewild.
- You've been to the Braun's Bread Plant or Story Book Forest for a school field trip.
- "Chipped ham" was always in your refrigerator when you were growing up.
- You refuse to buy any condiments besides Heinz unless a Pittsburgh athlete's picture is on the side of the container.
- Franco, Roberto, and Mario don't need last names and you can recite their exploits by heart.
- Your last name has 8 or more letters in it (and you either have a 'Z,' 'U' or >> a 'ski' somewhere in there) and nobody can pronounce it. And oft times, even if your name has fewer letters, folks still can't pronounce it.
- Food at a wedding reception consists of rigatoni, stuffed cabbage, chicken and a cookie table.
- You'll send this on to family and friends who used to live in the Pittsburgh Area as well as to those who have never lived there, just so they can appreciate how different western PA really is!
I wonder how many of Yunz guys actually understood all dat? Some folks just don't get dem things....n at....