Fall Benefit/Oktoberfest Dance another great success...
Dateline Bridgeville, PA:
The crowd started filing in before 1 PM to Sygan SNPJ in Bridgeville on Sunday, October 2, 2005 for our Fall Benefit/Oktoberfest event. "Mr. Oktoberfest" Joe Maloy entertained the early arrivals with great Oktoberfest music as only Joe can do. The Rob DeBlander Band from Michigan kicked off the dancing at 2 PM with outstanding polka & waltz music. The band members included Rob on accordion & keyboard, Kenny Klancnik on sax & clarinet, Dave Hall on drums, Jerry Zagar on bass & later special guest Brian O'Boyle from the Duquesne University Tamburitzans (Pittsburgh , PA) on accordion.
At 3:15, Silver Sky (George Suhon on accordion/keyboards, Dave Stirk on banjo/guitar, Ed Makowski on bass & Gary Pernisek on drums) hit the right side of the stage with more outstanding continuous music & special guest Steve Pucker until 4:30. Next, it was button box music performed by Frank & Darryl Valencic with Bobby Zgonc cranking out the polkas & waltzes until 5:15. These guys were backed up by Skip Tomecsko on bass, Gary Pernisek on drums & Bert Klements on washboard. You're guaranteed a great performance when these guys take the stage.
Up next was the return of the Rob DeBlander Band to the stage performing their powerful style of polkas, waltzes & more up until 6:45. At that time, more door prizes were given away including the Sygan club's 50/50 drawing which totalled $207 to the lucky winner. Finishing out the night was Silver Sky with great variety dance music to the delight of the great portion of the crowd who remained until the end at 8 PM.
to the following people who, without their consistent help & support, would not have made our radio benefit dance go as smoothly or as successful as it did:
- The bands: Rob DeBlander Band who travelled all the way from Michigan & Ohio to play the event & Silver Sky who donated part of their services for the day. The bands are what make this event so special.
- Steve Pucker & Jerry Zagar Sr. who handled the door admissions
- Marge Pucker & Carole Zagar who helped at the door with admission tickets
- All the outstanding musicians who donated their time & talents on stage including "Mr. Oktoberfest" Joe Maloy, George Suhon, Ed "Dink" Makowski, Don Rutkauskas, Brian O'Boyle, Frank & Darryl Valencic, Bob Zgonc, Skip Tomescko, "Washboard" Bert Klements & Steve Pucker
- Joe Maloy for the use of his camera
- The officers & members of Sygan SNPJ Lodge #6 for the use of the hall
- Ed & Eddie, the bartenders, Tanya & Amy, the waitresses, and the kitchen staff
- The polka DJs who helped promote the event, especially those in attendance including Larry & Cindy Placek from KHB, Jack Tady from WEDO, Ed Fineri & Frank Palombi of WZUM
- Those people that gave donations above & beyond the regular admission price inlcuding Lou & Peg Mosurak, Carl & Rowena Partyka, Dink Makowski, Bob Zgonc, Steve Pucker, Bernie & Maria Orient, Marilyn & Don, Gary Pernisek.
- All the people who donated door prizes including produce from Yarnick's Farm Market & Twin Country Accordions CDs (THANKS Dan & Lynette!), Steve Novosel for delivering the Yarnick's Farm produce & gifts, Jack Tady for donating CDs, Don & Ruth Rutkauskas for the gift certificates, Jerry & Carole Zagar for the bottles of wine.
and VERY SPECIAL THANKS to all of you, the hundreds of listeners & supporters of this radio show who were in attendance. Without you & your support, it would be impossible for us to do what we do! All proceeds from the event will be used to secure airtime for future editions of Prime Time Polkas heard Saturdays 11 AM -1 PM on 620 KHB radio Pittsburgh.
Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Look for our 9th Anniversary Dance coming in April 2006 at Sygan SNPJ.
The pics below are courtesy of our good friend "Mr. Oktoberfest" Joe Maloy. Thank goodness Joe remembered to bring his camera - Jerry forgot his, AGAIN.
Pam, Jerry & Don welcome you from the stage Steve Pucker & Jerry Zagar Sr. at the door
Rob DeBlander Band Later joined by Brian O'Boyle
George Suhon & Silver Sky with the crowd in front of the stage
Steve "American Idol" Pucker sits in on a set with Silver Sky Gary Pernisek & Ed "Dink" Makowski
Skip Tomescko, Frank Valencic Jr., Darryl Valencic, Bobby Zgonc & "Washboard" Bert Klements
The 2 "Eds" behind the bar Marge (Mother)Pucker & Carole Zagar at the door
Ed Makowski with Malory & Parker Frank & Karen Valencic
Bob Lawrence Sr., Annie Bele, Dink Makowski & Joe Maloy Jim Curl & Pam
This is the first installment - more pics are on the way...
Copyright © 2000-2008 Prime Time Polkas Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.