May 26, May 19 (KHB & Polka Parade), May 12, May 5 (KHB & Polka Parade), April 28, April 21, April 14 (KHB & Polka Parade), April 7 (w/Tony Grandovic interview), March 24 (KHB & Polka Parade), March 17, March 3 (KHB & Polka Parade), February 24, February 10 (KHB & Polka Parade), February 3, January 27, January 20 (KHB & Polka Parade), January 13, January 6 (KHB & Polka Parade), December 30 (featuring music of 2017) and many more. Former long-time polka DJ Bill Seles (pictured right) joined Jerry on the June 4, 2016, show. Listen to our latest archived KHB Pittsburgh broadcasts going back mid-2016. Each show is available online as an mp3 podcast. Download & listen later or you can stream the shows any time you wish, 24/7, 365. We are also part of a rotating DJ schedule on Polka Parade, heard Saturdays over 98.7 FM & 1340 AM WJYI in Milwaukee, WI, producing a one-hour Slovenian / Cleveland Style or Slovenian Mix show every three or four weeks. Check out numerous CD premiere interviews as well. Access all of these on our Broadcasts page. If you've never heard our KHB show live on Saturdays, here's your chance to hear the best of polkas & waltzes, Prime Time style!
4/30/18 New Recordings of the latest polka material:
"Classic Country...Polka Style" by Ron Pivovar
"Music For Everyone" by Tony Grandovic & Friends
"Best of The Senators Volume 1" & "Polkas From the Road" by The Western Senators
"Play Em Hot!" by Rob DeBlander Band
"Melodies From the Past" by Frankie Spetich
"Favorites by George" by George Staiduhar
"Enjoy Yourself!" by Kris and the Riverbend Dutchmen
"Plays Kenny Bass and his Polka Poppers" by Walter Ostanek & Friends
"Born to Polka" by Bavarski
"Happy Polka Day" by Mike Schneider
"The Best of...Our Town and other Cleveland-Style Polkas and Waltzes" by Dave Wretschko
"Toe Tappin' Tunes" by Patty C and the Guys
"40th Anniversary Recording" & "The Best Of and Most Requested Recordings" by Fred Ziwich
"As Long As I'm Livin" by Youth Recording Workshop (one song FREE mp3 download)
"By Request" by Squeezebox featuring Ted Lange & Mollie B
"Let's Have A Party - 30th Anniversary" - The Dujka Brothers
"Christmas Memories in My Key" by Mikey Dee
"Through the Years Volume 2" by Hank Haller
"Blood Sweat & Polkas" by Johnny Koenig
"Squeezin' Cousins" by Fred Gregorich & Steve Cihon
and many, many more...
Nominated for Support / Promotion Award again...
12/1/17 WINNERS ANNOUCED
The voting members of the National Cleveland Style Polka Hall of Fame have nominated us for their 2017 Support / Promotion Crystal Award at the Polka Hall of Fame Awards Show. This is our 17th consecutive year being nominated for this prestigious annual award, winning it for the first time in 2007. We thank YOU, all the people that continue to vote for us. The winners will be announced at the PHOF's award show held Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017 in Cleveland, OH.
11/6/16 KHB Radio is now simulcasting on 102.1 FM serving the city of Pittsburgh, PA. The signal eminates from the WDUQ tower in the city's Oakland section. You can also hear us on 92.3 FM and 94.1 FM (which both generally serve eastern Allegheny County and more). Try these FM frequencies for a better Prime Time listening experience. Of course, those listeners out of those areas can get us on 620 AM blasting 5,500 watts into 5 states.
10/29/16 Congratulations to Pam Zagar as she has been awarded 2016 DJ of the Year by the United Musicians Polka Association of Pennsylvania (UMPAPA). They'll be holding their annual awards banquet at Imperial SNPJ Lodge 106 on Sunday, Nov. 13, 2016. Find the complete details of the event on our Weekender page. Congrats to UMPAPA's 2016 Man of the Year Brian O'Boyle and the other award winners!
4/22/16 On our April 16 show, Dick Tady stopped by to premiere his latest solo project He's Back!. The first song is dedicated to his grandchildren Maggie & Justie Dvorsak. Here they are in-studio with Jerry during the broadcast.
3/27/16 With deep sadness, we regret to report the passing of George Suhon on Easter Sunday, March 27. Please join us in praying for the Suhon family at this most difficult time. Send cards and letters to Beth Suhon, 598 Dry Ridge Rd., West Alexander, PA, 15376. View the obituary here.
Looking for festive Christmas polka music for the holiday season? Visit our Christmas Music page for some Prime Time recommendations. If you're looking for that "perfect" gift, may we recommend Chia Pet, the "greatest and worst gift ever." The pottery that grows. Awesome. You can pick these up at Ames and Woolworth department stores.
2/2/16 After 15+ years of hosting our online-only radio station, Live365 has ceased broadcasting at the end of January. It was a great run but we're opening up a new, even better online-only station with an incredibly long playlist of polkas, waltzes and more. Keep checking back here for the latest details and an official launch date to be announced very soon.
11/10/14 Times are a changin'...literally. Starting this weekend, Satuirday, Nov. 15, our KHB show can now be heard from noon-1PM EST.
8/13/12 We are now a part of Milwaukee, WI, radio! We are in a rotation of polka DJs broadcasting the Slovenian / Cleveland Style hour at Polka Parade. This Milwaukee broadcast just happens to run simultaneously with our KHB Pittsburgh show. Ahhh, the wonders of technology. Our first broadcasts were July 21 & August 11, 2012, at 11AM Central. If you're in the Milwaukee area, tune in live on 1340AM WJYI. If not, your can listen by podcast via their website at polkaparade.org. Thanks to Don Hunjadi & everyone at Polka Parade for inviting us to come aboard!
Pics have posted at BarSmart.com from Penn Brewery's Oktoberfest Celebration with Autobahn on Saturday, Sept. 18, 2010.
Pittsburgh's Post Gazette newspaper has an article about the National Cleveland Style Polka Hall of Fame in its Sunday, Sept. 12, 2010 publication in the Magazine section.
8/26/10 Catch the "Steve Meisner and Friends" performance at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., as they represented the state of Wisconsin. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 25, 2010.
3/27/10 We're very saddened to report the passing of Steve Pucker shown here singing his signature "Just Because Polka" on the Gateway Clipper in July 2005 with the Jack Tady Band. Steve was a great friend of us & our radio program for many years. You can view an article written about him back in 2006 in the Pittsburgh Senior Times. Rest in peace, Stevo. You will be missed.
We've created quite a stir with Walter Ostanek's recent release of the song "Waltz of the Angels" on his Back to Back Hall of Fame Polkas CD. Not only is it a certified fan favorite on our show, but filtering into other area polka shows as well. As soon as we heard the song, we knew it would be a hit. Check Walter's February 20th blog for some background info on the song & why it took four years to finally get it released. There's also a link to preview "Waltz of the Angels" if you haven't heard it as of yet.
Here's an interesting mini-documentary of Slovenefest 2008, the SNPJ and the SNPJ Recreation Center in the Borough of SNPJ (Enon Valley), PA.
Here's a brief but very informative history of Slovenian style polkas in Cleveland, OH.
Looking for more reasons to down your favorite brew? We present to you: "Eight Healthy Reasons To Drink Beer" courtesy of Forbes.com.
You've heard of Guitar Hero, the game designed for the computer gaming system Nintendo Wii, where you get to play the guitar like a rock star. Now just released for wannabee polka musicians, we present to you Accordion Hero.
Are you concerned with the rising epidemic of polka addiction? Well, you should be. View one man's story on "Freaks, Geeks & Addicts" with correspondent Seymour Butts on YouTube. For your information, that one man fronts Larry Klima's favorite alternative punk rock polka band.
Are you from here or who have you spent any length of time in Pittsburgh? First, take the quiz, then see if these are true.
As mentioned on one of our previous broadcasts, we present to you essential summertime transportation: The "Cruzin Cooler combines two basic necessities of life, the ability to have cold food or a beverage handy along with the means to get somewhere."
A book is on the market written by Bob Dolgan (long-time writer for Cleveland, OH, newspaper Plain Dealer and husband of the National Cleveland Style Polka Hall of Fame's current president Cecilia Dolgan) about The Real Story of America's Polka King Frankie Yankovic. The book is softcover with 238 pages & 24 black/white photographs. Buy it at Amazon.com & read a review written by Milwaukee (WI) polka musician Tom Brusky.
MAKE A DONATION. Since many listeners enjoy the music here at PTP.com & have inquired about sending donations to help us with the costs of doing so, we've teamed with PayPal to make online donations quick, easy & secure. Just click the "DONATE" button at the top left of this page underneath our pictures & enter your info...it's that easy. And very much appreciated! Thanks to all who have previously made a donation.
A relatively new feature to this site...Essential Recordings contains a listing of required listening whether you're a new fan of the music or have been ever since you can remember. There are only 8 recordings listed as of today with many more to come in the future. Do you have these recordings in your collection? We think you should. Find out what they are by visiting our Essential Recordings page.
If you haven't checked out our Merchandise page yet, now would be the time. Get the gear and be adorned in the official Prime Time logo. Check out t-shirts, golf/polo shirts, hats, sweatshirts, frosted mugs, stainless steel travel mugs, baseball jerseys, bucket hats, tote bags, tile coasters, heck, even aprons and boxer shorts. Remember, all orders come with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. What are you waiting for? Visit the store.
- "I gotta tell you. I just spent the afternoon listening to PTP on Live 365. I really enjoyed it !!! Great song selection. Nice mix of old and (relatively) new. And good quality music. Not some of those songs you have to play whether you want to or not.TWO THUMBS UP !!!!" - Live365 listener
- "Hi guys! I love it. Former Clevelander getting a taste from home." - Live365 listener
- "enjoy your station, listen as much as i can, only wish we had radio stations like yours in the chicagoland areas." - Robert, IL
- "Hi. Just letting you al know That I love your polka station, keep up the good work." - Stan, Canada
- "Found your station today...i've been listening for 3 hours! thanks for being there!" - Butch & Robin V., NJ
- "From London, England a very good station. Makes me homesick.I'm also from Pittsburgh, been listening to 365 for over 5yrs. now."
- "Great station. I play tuba in a small over 50 german polka band and enjoy hearing all typs of polkas. Keep up the good work." - Charlie
- "Hello from Geneva,Ohio. This station is the best; keep up the good work! My wife and I are coming to Pittsburgh Labor Day."
- "Great music keep it up." - Sir Josef
- "cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Frans Blues
- "hello, primetimepolkas my name is hans from holland and i like this music. my home town is eindhoven in the south east of holland greet all" - Hans, Holland
- "one of the last bastians of good, albeit liberal, polka broadcasting." - George S., PA
- "being from western pa and now living in kansas city i miss listening to polka music. there no radio stations that play polka music. thanks to live 365 I can now relive my past. thank you" - Walt C
- "I thoroughly enjoy listening to your program while I spend a lot of time on my computer. I've been a fan of Cleveland style for most of my life. My mom listened to Yankovic in the 40's and I've been hooked ever since. One of my favorite polka shows was Polka Time America from Florida. You are the high tech version of that program. Keep up the good work. I also just discovered YouTube." - Jerry M.
- "love the polkas !!!!! im in wisconsin we love polkas here too!!! keep up the great job. polka on!!!" - Francis, WI
- "Just a note to let you know how much I enjoy your music here in Mesa, Arizona. Being from Western Pennsylvania, you're a breath of fresh air. I listen to your programs when I get back there along with other Slovene D.J.'s. Out here, we have none. Keep up the good work.
From a happy Slovene in Arizona." - Don N., AZ
- "Recently I said there should come a internet radio station with only instrumental music. I like polka very much. I learned it in the 60.years and later with Johnny Pecon and Franky Yankovic. Broadcasted in the Netherland by illegal radio stations. They still exist and still sending polka numbers. They made the polka great in our neighbourhood. Unbelievable. What a great polka station you are. All wellknown numbers of Johnny Pecon are back again. Fantastic ! I was searching for it for many years. Great ! Great ! Thanks a lot ! Regards," - Alphons S., The Netherlands
- "We love your music days and night" - Elisabeth and Johnny, The Netherlands
- "Finally, a great polka station, I love it!" - Don, Detroit, MI
- "From the bottom of my heart Thank You for this beautiful music." - Elisabeth, The Netherlands
- "Hi, Pam, Jerry & Don, It`s been a couple of years I have been listening to your radio show. It is a great source of enjoyment way down here in South Florida (Boynton Beach), So far away from the hot Cleveland Style Polka performers. I do think you all should be commended as I am sure you are & have been recognized as the best Polka Radio Show in the good ole USA. Keep up the good work..." - Will P., FL.
- "There is for one radio station on internet, it's yours. Prime Time Polkas I listen 24 hours a day to your programs on internet. Thank you for this beautiful music." - Greetings from Jan van N., The Netherlands
- "HI FOLKS, CATCH YOUR SHOW ON THE INTERNET AND HAVE COPIED IT ON CD'S AND PLAY THEM IN MY WORK VAN EVERY DAY. REALLY ENJOY IT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I'M ORIGINALLY FROM CLEVELAND AND MISS THE POLKAS. HERE IN SARASOTA, FL. THEY ARE ALL BUT NON EXISTANT. WE HAVE ONE SHOW A WEEK ON SUNDAYS FROM TAMPA AND THAT'S IT. MY BEST TO YOU." - AL S., SARASOTA, FL.
- "A fellow musician pointed me to Primetime Polkas. Your web site is the absolute best. Keep up the great job. All the best!!!!" - Janek and Stash, Salamanca, NY
- "I stumbled onto your web-site and I had to write to you and congratulate you all for a great radio program. It's great to hear your radio program over the internet. Makes me want to get up and party...unfortunately everyone in the office would wonder what's a matter with me. Keep up the good work. From all of us Slovenian-Canadians from Toronto and Southern Ontario CHEERS! Keep pumping out those polkas!" - Boris L., Toronto Canada
- "The Best Damn Radio Show.....Period"!!!!!! My thought has always been, less talk/ more music, you are the best at that concept. Keep up the good work." - Gary P., PA
- "Hello from Northglenn, Co. Love Polkas and your station, keep up the good work and God Bless." - Bill and Joan, CO
- "Just wanted to stop by and say thank you and your sponsors for bringing me the happiest music in the world. Hello and keep up the good work. Thank You." - Mr. and Mrs. William P., CO
- "DZIEKUJE! WESOLYCH SWIAT! AND, THANK YOU, FOR ALL YOU DO TO KEEP POLKA MUSIC ON THE AIR!! THANK GOD FOR WKHB, AND ALL OF YOU THAT DO SO MUCH EACH WEEKEND!" - Joe K., PA
- "I would like to thank you for the great effort you put into your primetime polka programs. Your music is wonderful and without a doubt, you play the greatest polkas I have ever heard. This is a very sincere: THANK YOU!" - David D.
- "I just want to thank you for a little bit of home over here in the desert. I could go on about how my grandparents spoke polish, how my aunts and uncles all did the polka, how we saw Jimmy Sturr in concert at the Onion Festivals in Pine Island NY. Lets just say your music brings back many fond memories to one deployed soldier in Kuwait." - MSG Fred S., 8th MED BDE, Camp Arifjan
- "'A Class Act' - We are recording button accordionists from the Minnesota Iron Range in Northeastern Minnesota and love your polka show and have passed the computer info. on how to tune you in to all of our polka loving friends. Keep up the wonderful job you are doing promoting polkas. In sum, you are a class act - Roles Royce Of Polka Music!" - Ronny, Shelby & Susan S., MN
- "Hi, thanks for the great music on your website. I listen to it all the time." - David K.
- "How restful and beautiful are the polkas and waltzes you play. I try to listen every week to get some relief from the audio excrement that floods the airways. Stay healthy, live long and keep playing that beautiful music." - Leo S., PA
- "I am listening to Prime Time Polkas on Live365. You do an outstanding job! Listening here from Green Bay, WI. You play Meisner, Jimmy Monsen, and Jeff Winard, all of these are some my listening favorites. Keep up the excellent work!" - Bob Z., WI
- "I am in Spokane Washington and am originally from Minnesota. I found you by going to www.polkaweb.com and I am a second generation American as my family is from Slovenia. Listening to you is almost like being home. I hail from Northern Minnesota up on the Iron Range where the button box is played by almost someone in every family and the ethnic food is regularly served. Your program is so wonderful and I enjoy it soooooo much." - Lori M., WA
- "Love the Slovene Music. Thank you so much for your hard work we will never SEE, but we do HEAR!!! Thanks again for teaching us the POLKA AND WALTZ play button. - John and Karen P., AZ
- "What an awesome website and broadcast of continuous Cleveland Style Polka Music. Glad to have you bookmarked on my Macintosh, Good Stereo Quality." - Mike H., OH
- "I have found my kind of polka 'Ohio/Slovenian Style'. You have given me and my wife much joy!" - Craig, NC
- "It is a treat to listen to your show on the internet. You all contribute to good entertainment and good music. Thanks very much for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated." - Will P., FL
- "We listen every Saturday and if I miss an hour here or there I go to the net and bam here comes the polkas..." - Stan B., PA
- "We always wanted to hear polkas as much of the day as we can so we were glad to find this channel on the computer. All we can say is thank you very much. Always" - Jacob and Carolyn, OH
- "Just wanted to let you know that 'PrimeTimePolkas' is No. 1 with the members of SNPJ's newest lodge in Palm Beach County, FL, Gold Coast Lodge 787. It's nice hearing the new numbers and the oldies that most of us grew up hearing played. Best wishes for continued success." - Jack B., FL
- "I'm a Cleveland Style polka lover, and musician from the Netherlands! And I enjoy your program very, very much. Some polka stations have stopped streaming the past few months, Primetime polkas is still going on!! Greetings from Holland!" - Rudy V.
- "I did find your website - how great - thank you !!!! keep Polkas alive and kicking!!!!!!!!" - Charlie and Carol G.
- "...you are doing a great job with your prime time polkas on the internet." - Bill & Sue T., MI
- "Big fan for a long time. I am getting all of the family hooked on your show." - Brian P., PA
- "...you guys are really the only show worth listening to on-line." - Don H., WI
Comments? Send them here
Your place for all these things and more: polka, polkas, waltz, wwcs, slovenian, slovene, slovenia, online broadcast, zagar, cleveland, pittsburgh, polish, poland, radio, polka music, polka dance, polka radio, midi, mp3, dancing, heaven, lyric, song, german, steeler, steelers, 247 polka heaven, live polka music, CD, CDs, video, web, real audio, wwcs, 620, wkhb, khb, mp3s, accordion, accordian, snpj, prosveta, button box, beer, slivo, slivovitz, free, recording, recordings, pride of pittsburgh, pennpat, pennsylvania council on the arts, polkaheaven, greensburg, podcast, pod-cast
Copyright ©2000-2018 Prime Time Polkas LLC. All Rights Reserved.